Thursday, May 22, 2014

Mother's Day

10339661_10100951237374691_9206613821585220366_n
10257958_10100950114075791_1277603657603675748_n
Screen Shot 2014-05-20 at 9.10.58 AM

Whew. It has been such a LONG time since I've posted anything. I know that my New Year's resolution was to post regularly on here, but then winter happened. For those of you that don't live in the Midwest, let me tell you that we had one of the worst winters EVER! I'm talking constant snow storms, gusty winds, and weather consistently below zero degrees. With all that going on, I essentially made it a habit of going to work and going home and not leaving the warmth of my home. I wasn't feeling too inspired because my outfits were mainly styled for warmth rather than interest.

But luckily, at least I hope (fingers crossed), Spring is FINALLY here. Mother's Day weekend was absolutely gorgeous! I went home to the suburbs to visit my family for the holiday. My mom and I have a new tradition of running a 5K race any time there is a holiday so when a family friend asked if we would like to run with her Mother's Day morning, we happily said yes! Although the course was much harder than we expected, it was nothing but hills for 3.1 miles, all of us finished strong. I cannot say how proud I am of my mom for running these races with me. My mom had knee surgery a few years back and since then she's been determined that it isn't going to stop her from doing anything, so she started running 5ks with me.

This weekend was also particularly exciting because I got to meet my parents' new dog, Trixie. Trixie is a rescue shih-tzu that my parents adopted and she's very very sweet. I must say though that I had to be very careful where I was walking the entire weekend because Trixie is TINY! I'm talking 5 pounds tiny! Oh well, at least she fits perfectly in my lap while watching a movie.

All in all, it was a fantastic weekend!

1 comment:

ensembledeux said...

I love your outfit and your hair is adorable! :)
xo Precious